Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Big Shot Technique

For the Technique Challenge on Stampin' Addicts today, I decide to create a sanded designer series paper background. I used the Pumpkin Pie semi-solid piece and the Texturz embossing plate, and then just used SU! Sanding Blocks to gently remove a bit of the color on the raised portions of the dsp.

Next, I used the background on my card with the Razzle Dazzle set and Teeny Tiny Wishes. ~Lots~ of scallops on this one, and I positioned the dimensionals only out on the scallops of the scallop square so that.......

A gift card can be slipped under the image layer and ribbon...this one doesn't match, but you can see it easily. I was inspired by SU! demonstrator Carrie Gaskin for this, but I'm not sure she'll be flattered by the reference....mine isn't as dramatic as hers :)....shown here: http://artisticavenger.wordpress.com/2009/06/25/tropical-wedding-an-artisan-award-entry/ I do intend to try her layout soon...it rocks!






5 comments:

Shawna Maxwell said...

Gorgeous Card!! I love your new banner!!! Bunnies everywhere!!!

Anonymous said...

This card is so cool!!!! And your new banner is too amazing. It is just perfect for you. I can't wait to see what they come up with for mine. Lyssa
www.songofmyheartstampers.typepad.com

Andrea Walford said...

Beautiful card! Love the new in-colours!

Anonymous said...

This looks so awesome! Lyssa

Carrie Gaskin said...

What do you mean not flattered? Don't be silly! This is awesome and thanks for enjoying what you saw on my blog! Have a great day,
Carrie