Monday, April 13, 2009

Fresh for Spring


Today, I needed a good batch of inspiration, so I combined the MOJO Monday sketch challenge (MOJO82 shown here: http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2009/04/mojo-monday-week-82.html ) with last week's Color Challenge on Stampin' Addicts.
Stampin' Addicts is a new site with a positive emphasis on Stampin' Up! that I really enjoy. Here's a link to the Color Challenge I finally got around to doing: http://www.stampinaddicts.com/forums/friday-color-combo-challenges/448-sa-color-challenge-8-a.html Anyone who loves Stampin' Up! and is positive about the company is welcome to visit, upload, chat and share. There is a section for demonstrators as well.
I used the Classic Stripe Background with the Petal Pizazz and Great Friend Stamp Sets. The colors for this challenge were Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss, Bashful Blue and So Saffron. No need to twist my arm to get me to use these lovely colors! The butterfly image is heat embossed with clearp ep and Bashful Blue Craft Ink. Then then Kiwi Kiss is colored on and just a bit of Rose Red for a spot of berries. I love the way the Stampin' Up! exclusive Little Leaves embosslit adds a quick bit of 3D Kiwi behind the butterfly too.

I find I enjoy a bit of substance on the inside of my cards....especially when I can make it pretty with just leftovers from the card that I decided not to use in favor of something else.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pretty Rhinda inside and out!

pinky said...

Beautiful card, love the colours, very fresh.
Pinky

Connie M. said...

So very pretty, Rhonda! I am gonna have to go check out this sketch...I love it!

Jacquel said...

I LOVE your card Rhonda & the inside is sooo pretty! Fab job on the sketch gf!!!

Will u b @ Convention this year? I'm going....hope u r 2!!!

Emily said...

Great card Rhonda! These colors do go together well! Love that flower and leaf at the bottom. Thanks for the info on the new SU site, I'm going to check that out.

MaryR said...

beautiful - love the inside, too