Friday, January 9, 2009

Stamp Club Last Night

Last night at Hostess Stamp club, we made several projects including a Coaster calender shown in this post from November: http://thestampinbunny.blogspot.com/2008/11/2009-coaster-calendar.html They chose their colors from the Hostess Level 1 patterns pack.

We also made an explosion card with a heart shape like Kelly Gettelfinger's shown here on SCS: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1171937?si=kellyjg Open view: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1171932 I've made explosion cards before, but adding the heart shape made this fold so useful for Valentine's Day or Anniversary cards! I simplified using just Kraft cardstock and layers of Very Vanilla and Ridinghood Red. I used the solid tiny heart from Big Bold Birthday in Ridinghood Red on the inside and the Lovely Letters set to spell LOVE on the front. The chocolate chip sponging made it a bit masculine to me....I wouldn't be afraid to give it to a man anyway :). Adding a few favorite things about the person to whom you are giving it on the inside and maybe a picture would step it nicely too.
I was stuck on the tiny heart from Big Bold Birthday and used it as the background in Versamark on Celery for the top of this card which was inspired by the Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS which was to CASE JulieHRR (Ebersole), a legend in stamping. Mine doesn't quite follow her style, but it made a card with which I was happy :). To follow the thin profile of Julie's card http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/779930?cat=500&ppuser=362, I cut the width of the card from 4-1/4 to just 4 inches wide for a change of pace. The polka dot stamp was used in Only Orange on the Pretty in Pink Cardstock. I punched one inch circles from Only Orange Cardstock for the large scallop edge look and used the heart from Priceless in Regal Rose with Only Orange Sponging. I thought the colors were fresh and cheery.

For a simple candy holder, this 3 inch wide piece of Close to Cocoa is simple and quick. (I think these were really popular last year, but I missed the trend with my group, and it is still cute I think.) They are simply 3 inches by 9-1/4 inches with scores at 3, 3-1/4 and 6-1/4. I used the Designer Series Paper from the Level 3 hostess bundle in Pink Pirouette for both the scalloped square layer under the main image and for the 2-1/2 inch layer under the candy on the inside. I simply used Whisper White cardstock and provided SU! markers in Old Olive and So Saffron as well as Pink Pirouette reinker and an aquapainter without water for coloring so that the cardstock wouldn't become warped or pilled. Pink Pirouette finished off the front for a feminine touch.

The inside is pretty self-explanatory, and I do love how the scallop circle is easy to use with a 3 inch square. Just slide the cardstock to the inside, center left and right by sight and punch. Easy Peasy!

2 comments:

Connie M. said...

Such cute projects, Rhonda! I love the little candy holder...think I will work on some of those for my DD's class!

kellyjean said...

Hey Rhonda! I just found this. Thanks for giving me credit! And your creations are fabulous (as usual!)