Wednesday, September 17, 2008

All about the Shoes.....

This card (layout brought to light by SCS user ID justcrazy -Thanks so much for sharing!) was created for the Sketch Challenge on SCS (SC194). It uses several "techniques" including using Crystal Effects and a drop of reinker for a shiny melted surface, mixing Crystal Effects with Dazzling Diamonds for a glitter layer, and making a broom from a bamboo skewer and SU!'s hemp twine. If you join me at my technique class on October 2nd, we'll make this card :)


Below are the two views of this treat basket box which was one of the make and takes at my last club meeting. I saw it in this small size (6 inch square) coming home from convention in a saffron color made by SU! demo Cheryl Kruger, and when I realized the 5 pieces from Eat Drink and Be Scary would fit perfectly I had to try it. The Ghostly Greetings paper and striped Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon finish it nicely I think.(A tutorial for the 12 inch size is available on SCS here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee/index.php/resources/tutorials/treat_box/ )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

both of these projects are absolutly adorable! I love them, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love your projects! That melted witch and shoes are incredible! And that box is sooo cute!

Thanks for sharing!

Paula said...

Love that treat box! Thanks for the great idea!